Friday, August 21, 2009

my 1st, my last, my everything......

This was dedicated to my friend Steve and his new bride Adrienne in my best man speech at their wedding recently........
As for the blog itself, my goal will be to post at least one piece of writing per day, if you like it, if you love it, if you hate it, please let me know by responding. Your words will make me a better writer, and a better person.
This piece is an insight to what i believe should happen once you commit to the sanctity of a marriage. You basically have to have 100% faith that you can live up to your responsibilites as a husband/wife. And mainly i think that it has to be to always be the best person you can be for your spouse. Whatever role that takes on, you have to adapt and find a way to make their life better. Marriage is obviously a give and take, but you have to be willing to give all you have each day to make it in this life. It is EASY to believe you can do that for another person, but to actually do it is certainly the true test in life. I think that often i have the ability to write what i truly want to say, but saying it is never quite that easy.

Soft and Well Spoken
I deem perfection written soft and well spoken to the letter
And for you I promise to always be better
And what I want, is always what I will say
I see lifetimes through your eyes
And for you I wish to always be better
So for healthier wisdom I let my heart be worn
And what we want, we will always say
So for your best wishes I let my heart be worn
And my wish, for you
Is to always be better

No comments:

Post a Comment